Services We Provide
The following patients are in the At Risk group:
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Are in residential care
- Are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person
- Have respiratory diseases such as COPD, bronchitis, asthma etc.
- Have heart disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Have diabetes
- Have a history of stroke
- Have multiple sclerosis or a disease of the central nervous system
- Have a weak immune system
Unfortunately, we no longer provide travel advice.
Some vaccinations that are required for travel are free under the NHS.
As a patient you must get advice from a travel company or can look on www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
The practice nurses are highly trained with particular interests and skills and manage a number of health promotion clinics and work at both surgeries. For some problems, it may be more appropriate to see one of our practice nurses rather than a doctor. Their responsibilities include:
- Asthma management
- Diabetic Control
- Health checks for men and women
- Heart Disease management
- Family planning advice
- COPD management
- Ear Syringing
- Cervical Smears
- Minor Injuries
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Removal of stitches / wound dressings
Long Term Conditions
There are now quite a number of chronic disease clinics run by the Nursing Department. The point of these clinics is to help patients cope as well as possible with certain chronic diseases that they may have. We thought that you might like to know about these clinics as you may receive a letter inviting you to one or more of them.