Covid-19 Autumn Booster 2023 Vaccination Update - Swanton Morley
Are you a Frontline Healthcare or Social Care Worker, or a Member of Staff working in a Care Home and have not yet had your Covid booster vaccination?
There is a clinic on Saturday 25th November 2023 at Swanton Morley Surgery, which may make it easier for you to attend for an appointment.
People at greatest risk of serious illness from Covid, are Care Home Residents, over 65s and Frontline Health and Social Care workers. All are eligible for an Autumn vaccine booster.
The following people are eligible for an autumn Covid booster:
• Residents in care homes for older adults
• All adults aged 65 years and over
• People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as defined in tables 3 and 4 of the Covid-19 chapter of the UKHSA Green Book on Immunisation
• Frontline health and social care workers.
• People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book
• People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, as defined in the UKHSA Green Book, and staff working in care homes for older adults
This is because the risk of severe Covid continues to be strongly associated with increasing age and underlying health conditions.
Why should I get an autumn booster?
• Vaccines help to protect against severe illness, hospitalisations, and deaths from Covid.
• People who received an autumn booster vaccine last year were around 53% less likely to go to the hospital with Covid in the two to four weeks after getting vaccinated, compared to those who didn't get a booster.
• Last year's Autumn booster programme saw almost 84% of over-80s vaccinated and more than 73% of 65-70-year-olds, protecting the most vulnerable and helping us to live with Covid.
To book an appointment for your booster for any of our clinics between now and 2nd December, please call Swanton Morley on 01362 638100, or Elmham Surgery on 01362 668215.
Please note, you do not need to be a patient at Elmham Group of Practices to get your vaccination at Swanton Morley’s Covid Clinic site.
Published: Nov 19, 2023
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.